Whenever my birthday roles around (it was on Tuesday), I never know what to expect from Al. This year he comes walking in with a gift bag, which I proceeded to open. In it was a DVD as well as a can of frosting and a cake mix. I asked him if I was supposed to make my own cake. Well it turns out, he just likes to keep me guessing. To go with the cake mix was a Coleman Camp Oven. Pretty soon we are going to have to take two trailers to haul all of our camping equipment. It should be a lot of fun though. Sometimes, I think we eat better camping than we do at home.Last night we decided to try it out to see how it worked. It has a temperature gauge on the top so you can keep the heat regulated. Well, after trying to make cupcakes, I decided this is going to take a little time to get used to. The cupcakes in the camp oven were done five minutes faster than the pan in the regular oven. I also don't think the temp. gauge is accurate. The cupcakes in the front of the pan were pretty good. Those at the back of the pan were, well I guess the best way to describe them is crispy critters. Lesson learned - use a smaller pan and turn it often. At least by summer and camping season I will be ready to use it.

No comments:
Post a Comment