Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Day at Timpanogos Cave and the Alpine Loop

Yesterday we decided to take a little trip to Timpanogos Cave in American Fork Canyon. I have never been there before. Al took Hailee and Chase there last year. We had a lot of fun, but I didn't realize how hard the hike was or how far up the mountain it was either. It is a mile and a half up to the cave's entrance and it is all up. It was a pretty hot day as well. The temperature was in the mid 90's. I don't think my legs have recovered yet. It took us over an hour to hike up, but a half hour to get back down. The view from the top though is unbelievable. The cave itself was pretty amazing as well. After we got back down, we had a picnic lunch in the canyon and took a drive on the Alpine Loop. It had been years since I was there and Al had never driven it before. I had forgotten how narrow the road was. In places, there almost isn't room for two vehicles to pass. It was nice to just get away for the day though.

No comments: